Debate.org is closing and the website will be taken offline on May 30, 2022.
Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account. For more information, please refer to our FAQs page.
Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Antisemitism

Taftheman
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 7:59:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 8:12:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Taftheman wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

AntiSemitism is hostility, Prejudice discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group.

The primary reason for antisemitism

There are a lot of dos and don'ts in the 613 commandments given to Jews to follow. . But I could not find any commandment that tells Jews to be 'likeable'. With 3000 years of persecution, Expulsion and antisemitism, One would think a commandment to be 'likeable' might have help Jews overcome the burden of 613 commandments that still left them undeserving of proper recognition throughout their history.

I don't mean to be disparaging. But would adding one more commandment to be likeable to the existing 613 be so difficult?

Would adding that same commandment to be likeable have saved Jesus who was a Jew and stopped at the 613 commandments? Why didn't Jesus add the commandment to be likeable himself?

jesus was bound to the laws. He declared:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, But to fulfill them.

Christians are no more likeable than Jews because they too stop short of being likeable. In fact they follow even less laws than Jews having dropped circumcision and dietary restrictions.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 8:39:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Taftheman wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

AntiSemitism is hostility, Prejudice discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group.

The primary reason for antisemitism


There are a lot of dos and don'ts in the 613 commandments given to Jews to follow. . But I could not find any commandment that tells Jews to be 'likeable'. With 3000 years of persecution, Expulsion and antisemitism, One would think a commandment to be 'likeable' might have help Jews overcome the burden of 613 commandments that still left them undeserving of proper recognition throughout their history.

I don't mean to be disparaging. But would adding one more commandment to be likeable to the existing 613 be so difficult?

Would adding that same commandment to be likeable have saved Jesus who was a Jew and stopped at the 613 commandments? Why didn't Jesus add the commandment to be likeable himself?

jesus was bound to the laws. He declared:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, But to fulfill them.

Christians are no more likeable than Jews because they too stop short of being likeable. In fact they follow even less laws than Jews having dropped circumcision and dietary restrictions.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.

You post did not get through. Delete everything on the first line before Harikrish wrote:
If you are using reply&quote.
Taftheman
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 8:45:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The description of antisemitisim is exactly as I expected, However I feel like I am missing something because as soon as as someone critise Isreal or say something like I do not like Isreal why are they then immediately branded an anti semite. I could for instance say I do not want Isreal to exist the way it does currently. That inherently is anti semitic however why? Every other country is changed when they are miss behaving against people in their own country why should Isreal be any different. Again at no point has anyone uttered the word No Jewish people should exist, Its merely said that the movement of an all jewish state aka Zionisim does not work, Displacing millions of people, Creating favourtisim over one set of people. Jewish people can have its own state but not in the name of Isreal and not in the movement of Zionism.
This really needs to be discussed and debated so we as non Jewish people understand the boundaries and understand what is acceptable and not.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 9:17:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Taftheman wrote:
The description of antisemitisim is exactly as I expected, However I feel like I am missing something because as soon as as someone critise Isreal or say something like I do not like Isreal why are they then immediately branded an anti semite. I could for instance say I do not want Isreal to exist the way it does currently. That inherently is anti semitic however why? Every other country is changed when they are miss behaving against people in their own country why should Isreal be any different. Again at no point has anyone uttered the word No Jewish people should exist, Its merely said that the movement of an all jewish state aka Zionisim does not work, Displacing millions of people, Creating favourtisim over one set of people. Jewish people can have its own state but not in the name of Isreal and not in the movement of Zionism.
This really needs to be discussed and debated so we as non Jewish people understand the boundaries and understand what is acceptable and not.

There has been 3000 years of antisemitism. The Jews are the only people to be displaced and driven out from their own country twice. Jerusalem has been attacked 50 times.

The Jews are the only people that have been evicted from their country twice. The Jews don't have roots in a culture, History or true nationalism because they were a backward tribal group. What we read about the Jews is really an attempt to invent the Jewish people with literary embellishment and reconstructive history, Wrapping it in religious aspirations as a privileged people. A lot of their religious beliefs and culture were shaped by the more advanced neighbours namely the Egyptians.

So it really goes back to the original short coming. The Jews were never taught to be likeable. Even their own religion was used against them. Islam and Christianity are offshoots of Judaism. 1. 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Christians only 15 million Jews. I rest my case!
Dr.Franklin
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 9:39:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish
Dead website
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 10:27:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish

Wait till he finds out what you like to talk about in your confessions.
Dr.Franklin
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 10:32:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish

Wait till he finds out what you like to talk about in your confessions.

spread thy confessions!
Dead website
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 10:37:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish

Wait till he finds out what you like to talk about in your confessions.

spread thy confessions!

Why are you trying to corrupt everyone new to DDO?
Dr.Franklin
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 11:02:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish

Wait till he finds out what you like to talk about in your confessions.

spread thy confessions!

Why are you trying to corrupt everyone new to DDO?

thats your job
Dead website
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2019 11:21:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Dr. Franklin wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.

don't speak to harikrish

Wait till he finds out what you like to talk about in your confessions.

spread thy confessions!

Why are you trying to corrupt everyone new to DDO?

thats your job

I expose perverts like you. I can tell you are still sore and broke. Lol!
ethang5
Posts: 19,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 4:50:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jews were never taught to be likable.

Lol. And yet they have friends and you don't.

You spam the public service thread telling people how to post, And when a poster has a problem posting, You offer advice.

If you want posters, Why are you spamming the thread that helps them to post?

Stupidity?
ethang5
Posts: 19,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 5:04:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Taftheman wrote:

The description of antisemitisim is exactly as I expected, However I feel like I am missing something because as soon as as someone critise Isreal or say something like I do not like Isreal why are they then immediately branded an anti semite.

Maybe it's because of other things they've said that causes people to interpret their comments that way.

I could for instance say I do not want Isreal to exist the way it does currently. That inherently is anti semitic however why?

Because you have no right to say how Israel should exist. Who are you?

Every other country is changed when they are miss behaving against people in their own country why should Isreal be any different.

Israel isn't different. But just because you say Israel is misbehaving against people in their own country does not mean that is true.

Again at no point has anyone uttered the word No Jewish people should exist, Its merely said that the movement of an all jewish state aka Zionisim does not work, . . .

Israel is the only democracy in the middle east. It is a thriving, Successful country. In what way does it not work?

Displacing millions of people, Creating favourtisim over one set of people.

Israel cannot "displace" anyone by claiming its own country. And being stricter on people who bomb schools and markets is not favoritism. That is common sense.

Jewish people can have its own state but not in the name of Isreal and not in the movement of Zionism.

Why not?

This really needs to be discussed and debated so we as non Jewish people understand the boundaries and understand what is acceptable and not.

Sure, Let's discuss it. But you will have to justify the wild assumptions you've made and answer some hard questions put to you.

Just a note: The moron Harikrish is an anti-semite (and a racist) so he will be your natural ally here.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 3:02:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ethang5 wrote:
Jews were never taught to be likable.

Lol. And yet they have friends and you don't.

Try to be likeable nigger Ethang5.

Ethang5's profile. Ethang5 (slum-mutt) 57-year old in Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Over the last 40 years nearly 20 African countries (or about 40 percent of Africa south of the Sahara (SSA)) have experienced at least one period of civil war. . . . This state of affairs has created stereotypes of Africa as a doomed continent with inescapable ethnic cleavages and violent tribal conflict.

Aids could kill 90 million Africans, Says UN

Nearly 90 million Africans could die from Aids by 2025 without huge international investment, The UN said today, But 67 million people in Africa would still probably die of the disease.
The prediction from UNAids was that the African death toll from Aids would continue to rise no matter what was done but that 16 million people could be saved from death and 43 million from HIV infection if $200bn ("104bn). That sum is far more than donor nations have pledged thus far.

The UN agency report, Aids in Africa, Examined three potential scenarios for the continent in the next 20 years, Depending on the international community's contribution to fighting the epidemic. Even in the best case scenario, With donor nations contributing $200bn, UNAids warned the worst effects of the epidemic would still be to come.

More than 25 million Africans have already been infected with HIV, The virus that causes Aids. However, HIV infections could soar to 90 million, More than 10% of Africa's population, If more is not done soon to combat infection. UNAids estimated the number of Aids orphans could grow from the current 11 million to 27 million by 2025.

Such an outcome had enormous security implications, The agency said. "All these kids growing up without any reference point, They are going to be a very easy reserve for any warlord that comes along, " the execooiutive director of UNAids, Peter Piot, Said.

"In today's world, Aids threatens to destabilise certainly Africa, And perhaps eastern Europe, In a big way. That affects the wealthy countries in terms of migration, Decreasing markets and in terms of the fact that maybe troops will be sent [to restore peace] - all types of expensive consequences, " he said.

Researchers determined that even with greatly increased funding and better treatment, The number of Africans who will die from the virus is likely to reach 67 million.

"What we do today will change the future, " the report concludes. "These scenarios demonstrate that, While societies will have to deal with Aids for some time to come, The extent of the epidemic's impact will depend on the responses and investment now. "

"The scenarios are not predictions, They are plausible stories about the future, " Mr Piot said. They "highlight the various choices that are likely to confront African countries in the coming decades, " he said.

The worst scenario, According to the report, "offers a disturbing window on the future death toll across the continent, With the cumulative number of people dying from Aids increasing more than fourfold. . . The number of children orphaned by the epidemic will continue to rise beyond 2025. "

Aids already has a devastating impact on the continent. UNAids has reported that life expectancy in nine countries has dropped to below 40 because of the disease. There are 11 million Aids orphans in Africa, And 6, 500 people are dying from the disease each day. In 2004, 3 million people were newly infected, The agency said.

"If, By 2025, Millions of African people are still becoming infected with HIV each year. . . It will not be because there was no choice, " the report said. "It will be because, Collectively, There was insufficient political will to change behaviour at all levels from the institution, To the community, To the individual and halt the forces driving the Aids epidemic in Africa. "
25 million Africans to die from starvation (INESCO report).
So what has the nigger Ethang who lives in Ghana African been doing for the last 16 years?

Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where I run Bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of Bibles. Been doing it for more than 15 years to many countries. I have 3 children. (Pimping children are also illegal, Nigger)


Get your facts right nigger Ethang.

1 The Democratic Republic of the Congo, And the east of the country in particular, Has been described as the "Rape Capital of the World, " and the prevalence and intensity of all forms of sexual violence has been described as the worst in the world.
https://en. M. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_the_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo

2 incest is a real problem in SA.
Incest is a real problem, " said Childline Director Joan van Niekerk. "While there are many cases of father-and-daughter incest, We are also seeing a lot of father-and-son, And older-brother-and-younger-sister sexual interaction. "
"Father-son sexual interaction happens more frequently than people would like to believe. It leaves the child with a distortion of his own identity and sexuality. They grow up thinking they are gay, " she said.

According to police statistics, About 15 000 South African children under the age of 18 were raped last year. This year, Childline has already referred 600 KwaZulu-Natal children for therapy after they were sexually assaulted.
Authorities warn that 50 percent of all cases of rape and sexual assault on children under the age of 18 are committed within the immediate family.
https://www. Iol. Co. Za/news/south-africa/incest-is-a-real-problem-in-sa-say-experts-46091

3 Nigeria: Rape! Incest! Violence! Women! Children! - allAfrica. Com
2013 " In South Africa the incidence of child and baby rape is the highest in the world. This high incidence is often associated with the myth that sexual intercourse with a virgin will cure a man of HIV or AIDS.

4 The law is simply not doing enough for rape survivors in South Africa. According the 2017"crime statistics, Over 100 people are raped every day in our country, And that"s just based on the attacks that are reported. This means that the number of people being brutally violated adds up to tens of thousands every year.
In general, Violent crime in South Africa is rife and horrific, But the prevalence of sexual assault and violence has led to South Africa being dubbed "the rape capital of the world". ""This is largely attributed to the pervasive rape culture that exists in the country.
https://southcoastherald. Co. Za/314591/surge-sexual-assault-violence-led-south-africa-dubbed-rape-capital-world/

5 Shock as 8-month-old baby raped in South Africa - Face2Face Africa
2019 " Authorities at Bonteheuwel, Cape Town, South Africa are in shock over reports that an eight -month-old baby had been raped. Western Cape police spokesperson Captain FC van Wyk confirmed".

6 Rape Viewed as Major Problem Across Sub-Saharan Africa
Prevalent in countries with violence in recent past
BY CHRISTINE DELMEIREN
NAIROBI -- Majorities in nearly all 18 sub-Saharan African countries surveyed in 2009 say rape is a major problem in their countries. A median of 77% of sub-Saharan Africans see rape as this much of a problem, But in six countries, The percentage saying this reaches 90% or higher.
https://news. Gallup. Com/poll/142832/rape-viewed-major-problem-across-sub-saharan-africa. Aspx
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 9:30:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why are you trying to corrupt everyone new to DDO

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Hari, All you ever do is try and corrupt everyone. That is your intention - because your heart is so sinful.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 9:54:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.


It is a good question and one that I have struggled with over the years. Growing up in a semi-Christian home, My church's pastor was dispensational. This meant that he was pro- Israel in his Christianity, Taking the OT that anyone who curses Israel was cursing God. In my youth I could see through his particular view that there was a strong anti-Semitic view in the world and had been for a long time. Israel was seen to be arrogant. It was hated by many - from Luther, Hitler, The Muslims, And many communists. There also seemed to be a strong distaste of Israel from Europe and gee pretty much everyone. And perhaps - since 1948 there has been some reason for that hatred- having land given to them and taking more for themselves. Or because they are an independent state and will not let Palestine enjoy the same benefits.

As I traveled through life and my views diametrically changed - I no longer saw the modern state of Israel as the fulfillment of prophecy. I did not believe the Jews were still God's chosen people. I saw that in Palestine and in Israel there were many Christians who were tortured and discriminated against by the Jewish authorities. In Palestine many Christians were being killed by Israel military.

I am not anti-Semitic. I think Jews have as much right to live in this world as anyone else. This probably includes having their own land. I also think the Palestine should be its own nation - so far as its agenda is not to destroy Israel or wipe it off the map. I find the Muslim aim of wiping Israel of the map disturbing. And this sort of rhetoric only encourages Israel to be more defensive and uncooperative with the Muslim nations. I don't have a particular problem if people of Jewish heritage wish to relocate to Israel - I don't see why it needs to be promoted. I also think there are real difficulties trying to prove Jewish heritage - given that the temple and its records were totally destroyed - which is really the only definite means of proving Jewish heritage.

but having said this - from a Christian perspective - the Jewish nation rejected King Jesus and cursed themselves - bringing God's wrath on themselves. Let his blood be on us and on our children. So God did bring his wrath - AD 70 and destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. The OT tells us that God divorced Israel. He then took a new wife. The church, The bride of Christ. Unlike some people - I do not see the church as the new Israel - although Paul calls it the Israel of God in Galatians. Jesus is the true Israel - as Matthew intimates in the early chapters of his gospel. Israel of course means - he who struggles with God and prevails. In one sense this could be said of many people - including the Gentile woman with a demon possessed daughter - who struggled with Jesus' apparent harsh words in Matthew 15.

I don't agree that Israel's current place or return is a fulfillment of prophecy. God has not just returned the people there - why not? Because there has been no repentance on the part of Israel towards Jesus. They rejected him and have not yet accepted him as the messiah. Hence Israel in one sense is back in disobedience to God - although one might argue - it was part of the compensation package due to them being so decimated in the WW2 by Hitler. Perhaps a displaced people would be better to protect itself in its own land. Though why it had to be back in its original land is another question. I would have thought a place like central Australia might have been more attractive and useful. Placing them back into the so called Holy Land would only increase the enmity against them.

Not sure that I have aided you, Just some thoughts
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2019 10:57:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Hi all, I am really struggling to understand what is antisemitism and when does say antizionism turns into antisemitism. My definitions as far as I am aware are below for both however I get the sense that attacking Isreal is in fact antisemitism which if you read my definitions below should not be the case. I hear a lot about how someone said something that is antisemitism and when I hear what they said it does not sound like it to me. For instance here in the UK there is what I think is smear against the Labour leader as I cannot pin him down on saying anything antisemitic. Please can someone help me understand what the parameters of this actually is as without a debate on it how will people ever know what it really means.

Antisemitism - against the Jewish people and in a word a form of racistism.
Antizionism - against the Zionist movement which sole aim is to create an independent Jewish state and call all the Jewish people back to their homeland.


It is a good question and one that I have struggled with over the years. Growing up in a semi-Christian home, My church's pastor was dispensational. This meant that he was pro- Israel in his Christianity, Taking the OT that anyone who curses Israel was cursing God. In my youth I could see through his particular view that there was a strong anti-Semitic view in the world and had been for a long time. Israel was seen to be arrogant. It was hated by many - from Luther, Hitler, The Muslims, And many communists. There also seemed to be a strong distaste of Israel from Europe and gee pretty much everyone. And perhaps - since 1948 there has been some reason for that hatred- having land given to them and taking more for themselves. Or because they are an independent state and will not let Palestine enjoy the same benefits.

As I traveled through life and my views diametrically changed - I no longer saw the modern state of Israel as the fulfillment of prophecy. I did not believe the Jews were still God's chosen people. I saw that in Palestine and in Israel there were many Christians who were tortured and discriminated against by the Jewish authorities. In Palestine many Christians were being killed by Israel military.

I am not anti-Semitic. I think Jews have as much right to live in this world as anyone else. This probably includes having their own land. I also think the Palestine should be its own nation - so far as its agenda is not to destroy Israel or wipe it off the map. I find the Muslim aim of wiping Israel of the map disturbing. And this sort of rhetoric only encourages Israel to be more defensive and uncooperative with the Muslim nations. I don't have a particular problem if people of Jewish heritage wish to relocate to Israel - I don't see why it needs to be promoted. I also think there are real difficulties trying to prove Jewish heritage - given that the temple and its records were totally destroyed - which is really the only definite means of proving Jewish heritage.

but having said this - from a Christian perspective - the Jewish nation rejected King Jesus and cursed themselves - bringing God's wrath on themselves. Let his blood be on us and on our children. So God did bring his wrath - AD 70 and destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. The OT tells us that God divorced Israel. He then took a new wife. The church, The bride of Christ. Unlike some people - I do not see the church as the new Israel - although Paul calls it the Israel of God in Galatians. Jesus is the true Israel - as Matthew intimates in the early chapters of his gospel. Israel of course means - he who struggles with God and prevails. In one sense this could be said of many people - including the Gentile woman with a demon possessed daughter - who struggled with Jesus' apparent harsh words in Matthew 15.

I don't agree that Israel's current place or return is a fulfillment of prophecy. God has not just returned the people there - why not? Because there has been no repentance on the part of Israel towards Jesus. They rejected him and have not yet accepted him as the messiah. Hence Israel in one sense is back in disobedience to God - although one might argue - it was part of the compensation package due to them being so decimated in the WW2 by Hitler. Perhaps a displaced people would be better to protect itself in its own land. Though why it had to be back in its original land is another question. I would have thought a place like central Australia might have been more attractive and useful. Placing them back into the so called Holy Land would only increase the enmity against them.

Not sure that I have aided you, Just some thoughts

God gave the bible to the Jews to separate them from the pagan Gentiles. In the bible contained his laws and commandments such as circumcision and diet restrictions. The Jews honoured God by keeping their Jewish traditions and customs as dictated by scriptures. So how does a Jewish invention of the Bible become the very book that Christians use to separate the Jews from their religion. This is the perverted thoughts promoted by Christianity. Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins and the cross is a symbol of a sacrificed Jew who was crucified to forgive the sins of the Gentiles. Sacrificing Jews becaus they could forgive sins started with the Romans and reached it peak during Hitlers time.

Christ a Jews crucified by Romans suddenly become the enemy of the Jews and his crucifixion by Romans bought forgiveness and salvation to the Gentiles at the expense of the Jews the very people Jesus was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. "

There is a reason why Christians focus primarily on sin and forgiveness. Whereas Hundus forces on enlightenment and spiritual bliss. This is reflected in the high criminal population in federal prisons.

Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.

http://wp. Production. Patheos. Com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2013/07/rNyTbDJ. Png

Hinduism meets both the intellectual and spiritual needs of Hindus. Christianity cannot even keep its believers out of prisons because they are prone to criminality or sin as they like to call it.

Jesus himself was crucified along with criminals. The Bible tells us it started with Adam and Eve stealing a fruit they were forbidden to eat. How can you expect more from a religion that is obsessed with sex, Incest, Deception and blood thirsty revenge going as far as to portray their God as a jealous mean spirited genocidal bumbling maniac who sacrificed his own son Jesus to forgive the sins he cursed his creation with starting with Adam and Eve. Now multiply that by three and you have the Trinity or the problem compounded by 3 times.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,552
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2019 2:22:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
God gave the bible to the Jews to separate them from the pagan Gentiles.

Wrong. God separated the Jews from the Gentiles and gave them the law to live in accordance with.

In the bible contained his laws and commandments such as circumcision and diet restrictions. The Jews honoured God by keeping their Jewish traditions and customs as dictated by scriptures.

The Jews did not honour God very much at all. In fact they made their own understanding of the law - and that was only in the times when they totally disregarded the laws and did their own thing - worshiping idols etc.

So how does a Jewish invention of the Bible become the very book that Christians use to separate the Jews from their religion. This is the perverted thoughts promoted by Christianity.

Christians use the OT and the NT as the bible. Jews use the OT - but refer mostly to their own interpretations rather than the OT. Talmud is not OT. Torah is. The OT was not a book used to separate Jews from others. It was a book that separated Jews unto God. Others - sometimes joined with the Jews in their pursuit of being separated unto God. The testimony of Ruth in Jesus' lineage demonstrates this truth.

Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins and the cross is a symbol of a sacrificed Jew who was crucified to forgive the sins of the Gentiles. Sacrificing Jews becaus they could forgive sins started with the Romans and reached it peak during Hitlers time.

Christians follow the Bible's teaching that Jesus the messiah who died and rose again is able and does forgive sin. Christians do not believe in the sacrifice of humans - and neither did the Jews. Jesus death was significant in that it was God himself bringing about a sacrifice to himself. Hence it was neither Jew nor Gentile that sacrificed Jesus - even thought the Romans crucified him on the say so of the Jews. Hence to call it a sacrifice is incorrect from a human perspective - from our perspective we murdered him. From God's perspective it was a sacrifice. You should learn to read and understand the bible.

Christ a Jews crucified by Romans suddenly become the enemy of the Jews and his crucifixion by Romans bought forgiveness and salvation to the Gentiles at the expense of the Jews the very people Jesus was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. "


Jesus' mission was to the Jews. Yet God's grace was more than enough for the Gentiles as well. This was the response the woman in Matthew 15 recognised that you in your pitiful ignorance ignores - even the dogs receive the crumbs that fall from the master's table. Even God's leftovers are more than sufficient for the entire world.

There is a reason why Christians focus primarily on sin and forgiveness. Whereas Hundus forces on enlightenment and spiritual bliss. This is reflected in the high criminal population in federal prisons.

Christians understand that they have sinned against God. Hindus are ignorant of such a thing. Hindus focus on themselves at the expense of everything else - this is why they let their children starve from malnutrition and this is why they don't care about raping children. For them enlightenment and spiritual bliss is a selfish desire and pursuit. For the Christian however it is about restoring relationships with God and with others. It is outward focused. This is why Christianity started orphanages - this is why Christianity has mission programs - helping the sick and the poor. This is why Christianity has started programs to teach people how to read and to write. The comparison between Christianity and Hinduism demonstrates only the cruelty of Hinduism and the love of Christ.

Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.

http://wp. Production. Patheos. Com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2013/07/rNyTbDJ. Png


This is a bogus argument and has been refuted in many studies. It captures only the population in a particular nation which itself describes itself as Christian. In other words, It reflects a natural mirror of its own society. Similar surveys completed in different nations around the world reflect similar percentages in their own particular countries. E. G In Australia, There are more non-religious people in prison than religious - reflecting a comparable mirror of the nation. In India, The Hindu population is the highest religious affiliation. In Iraq, The highest religious affiliation in prison are Muslims. In Indonesia, Similarly, Muslims make up the highest religious affiliation.

Secondly, Such studies do not take into account prisoners coming into faith while in prison. In NSW in Australia, The number of Muslim faith is growing in prison.

Hinduism meets both the intellectual and spiritual needs of Hindus. Christianity cannot even keep its believers out of prisons because they are prone to criminality or sin as they like to call it.

Hinduism is a fraudulent religion.
ethang5
Posts: 19,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2019 4:10:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.

For this, The moron will go to America, A Christian majority nation, Instead of India, A Hindu majority nation. Lol.

Hinduism is a fraudulent religion.

Some Hindus don't thinks its even a religion at all.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.