Jump to topic:

Is It Your Business?

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2020 9:23:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Imagine someone wanting to start a new business and going to see the bank manager:

Bank Manager: Now then, Let's have a look at your business plan.

Prospective Businessman: Derr, What? A business plan? Wot's that?

Bank Manager: You surely must have a feasibility study, Market analysis reports, Growth projections, And the relevant data to back up your plan.

Prospective Businessman: Aw nah, I don't have none of that crap. I just know that my business is going to work, I got a gut feeling and faith you know. Besides, Someone else said that my business is going to work out.

* Now, Just imagine if by some fortunate stroke of luck the bank manager slipped off his chair (probably due to laughing his arse off) and accidentally squiggled his signature on a blank cheque as he flew to the floor. The beneficiary fills out a healthy sum on the cheque and gets going setting up his business.

Before long of course, His business is a complete failure and in complete shambles.

Yet there are some people who (do not plan) their lives in such a haphazard way.

They decide to have their lives run for them in fact, Based on the flimsy notion that they have some gut (or heart) feeling and faith that what they are doing is right without doing the slightest amount of research or detailed study and relying on what somebody else told them.

Well, You could have guessed. These people chose religion by also choosing to ignore the facts and data that would confirm the wrongness of their choice.

And like the haphazard businessman, Their lives will be a failure and in complete shambles.
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2020 4:33:42 PM
Nice analogy. Religions do not require facts or first-hand evidence from God from the two metaphorical witnesses in Rev 11:

Heb 11:1
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, The evidence of things not seen.

Valid evidence has substance. Invalid evidence has no substance and will bankrupt a person--physically and spiritually. The two are one.
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2020 10:37:20 PM
anonthesmallone wrote:
Nice analogy. Religions do not require facts or first-hand evidence from God from the two metaphorical witnesses in Rev 11:

Valid evidence has substance. Invalid evidence has no substance and will bankrupt a person--physically and spiritually. The two are one.

Anon wrote: "Anon stands by his words by experience. All of his Biblical ideas come from spiritual intimacy with or masturbation when his wife is on her periods. "

You offer your justification below:
anonthesmallone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2020 12:36:41 AM
Harikrish wrote:
anonthesmallone wrote:

Anon wrote: "Anon stands by his words by experience. All of his Biblical ideas come from spiritual intimacy with or masturbation when his wife is on her periods. "

You offer your justification below:

Would you mind quoting the corrected words?

Anon wrote: "Anon stands by his ideas by experience. All of his Biblical ideas come from spiritual intimacy with [his wife] or masturbation when his wife is on her periods. "

If you are going to keep quoting Anon/Noah on Holy Ghost sex, The corrected version above expresses the basic idea more succinctly. Thanks.
Turn the light of the third eye and live (Ezekiel 18)
https://www.debate.org...
Tradesecret
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2020 1:58:29 AM
Imagine someone wanting to start a new business and going to see the bank manager:
Bank Manager: You surely must have a feasibility study, Market analysis reports, Growth projections, And the relevant data to back up your plan.
Prospective Businessman: Aw nah, I don't have none of that crap. I just know that my business is going to work, I got a gut feeling and faith you know. Besides, Someone else said that my business is going to work out.
* Now, Just imagine if by some fortunate stroke of luck the bank manager slipped off his chair (probably due to laughing his arse off) and accidentally squiggled his signature on a blank cheque as he flew to the floor. The beneficiary fills out a healthy sum on the cheque and gets going setting up his business.
Before long of course, His business is a complete failure and in complete shambles.
Yet there are some people who (do not plan) their lives in such a haphazard way.
They decide to have their lives run for them in fact, Based on the flimsy notion that they have some gut (or heart) feeling and faith that what they are doing is right without doing the slightest amount of research or detailed study and relying on what somebody else told them.
Well, You could have guessed. These people chose religion by also choosing to ignore the facts and data that would confirm the wrongness of their choice.
And like the haphazard businessman, Their lives will be a failure and in complete shambles.

This is how most people believer or non-believer run and plan their lives. People for the most part don't think about how to run their lives. Come and talk to the people I deal with everyday in the law courts - most 99% of who are atheists. They have no plan. They live from one day to the next. From one welfare cheque to the next.

Religious people on the other hand do consider what they are getting into. Sure, If you are born into a religion, Then probably the consideration is going to be of a different nature, But people who convert as adults or who decide to join a church are considering the future and what it looks like and how they will live. They often are making a choice between what they value most and where they will put the focus of their attention on - - the now in this current world or the one to come after they die. The choice matters for many people.

For the record, I have looked at what the non-believer - (atheist) has to offer. And it is absolutely not worth pursuing. The Christian worldview is about both the now and the next. I see the intention of desiring a better world as significant. A world were crime and exploitation is eradicated. A world where people are not raped or ripped off or abused is something to try and make happen. The real question is how do we get to those points.

the atheist has no idea. He makes some speculation like - "gee lets get rid of religion and superstition and look to science". Unfortunately this ends up with the elites and the non-elites. Those who have money and those who don't. Those who tell others what to do and those who have no choice but to obey. Examples about - China, Russia, Cuba, Germany in WW2. Many African and Asian states. Most of the former USSR.

Christians agree that science is a good thing. But pure science includes God - it does not exclude God. This is because pure science is unbiased - and does not start with false assumptions.

Faith is not a dirty word. Every person has faith. Not one person does not have faith. Christianity is not a mindless faith either. It encourages people to read and to read widely. It teaches people how to read. It encourages people to listen and to reason. It encourages its people to understand and apply - languages, Cultures, Races, Sexuality, Science. It encourages wider thinking that what an atheist would encourage- because unlike the atheist - the Christian is not afraid of the truth.

Preparing for the future - with the aid of a business plan is a good thing. The atheist however has blinkers on. He looks at the future and says - there is none. Therefore - do whatever you want without any consequences. The irony of your little picture is that you are the least prepared of people in this world. That is the irony. Sad and pathetic. And yet you have the GALL to suggest otherwise.

Why don't you go and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "Why am I so sad and disgusted with my life? " What can I to get out of this rut? Why is it not working? And then take a moment to think "what is my business plan for my life? ". And then perhaps you will observe you don't have one - except "I will do whatever my gut tells me to do". I of course would not call that faith. I would call that recklessness. Others might use the word unfaithful.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2020 3:42:17 AM
Tradesecret wrote:

This is how most people believer or non-believer run and plan their lives. People for the most part don't think about how to run their lives. Come and talk to the people I deal with everyday in the law courts - most 99% of who are atheists. They have no plan. They live from one day to the next. From one welfare cheque to the next.

Religious people on the other hand do consider what they are getting into. Sure, If you are born into a religion, Then probably the consideration is going to be of a different nature, But people who convert as adults or who decide to join a church are considering the future and what it looks like and how they will live. They often are making a choice between what they value most and where they will put the focus of their attention on - - the now in this current world or the one to come after they die. The choice matters for many people.

For the record, I have looked at what the non-believer - (atheist) has to offer. And it is absolutely not worth pursuing. The Christian worldview is about both the now and the next. I see the intention of desiring a better world as significant. A world were crime and exploitation is eradicated. A world where people are not raped or ripped off or abused is something to try and make happen. The real question is how do we get to those points.

the atheist has no idea. He makes some speculation like - "gee lets get rid of religion and superstition and look to science". Unfortunately this ends up with the elites and the non-elites. Those who have money and those who don't. Those who tell others what to do and those who have no choice but to obey. Examples about - China, Russia, Cuba, Germany in WW2. Many African and Asian states. Most of the former USSR.

Christians agree that science is a good thing. But pure science includes God - it does not exclude God. This is because pure science is unbiased - and does not start with false assumptions.

Faith is not a dirty word. Every person has faith. Not one person does not have faith. Christianity is not a mindless faith either. It encourages people to read and to read widely. It teaches people how to read. It encourages people to listen and to reason. It encourages its people to understand and apply - languages, Cultures, Races, Sexuality, Science. It encourages wider thinking that what an atheist would encourage- because unlike the atheist - the Christian is not afraid of the truth.

Preparing for the future - with the aid of a business plan is a good thing. The atheist however has blinkers on. He looks at the future and says - there is none. Therefore - do whatever you want without any consequences. The irony of your little picture is that you are the least prepared of people in this world. That is the irony. Sad and pathetic. And yet you have the GALL to suggest otherwise.

Why don't you go and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "Why am I so sad and disgusted with my life? " What can I to get out of this rut? Why is it not working? And then take a moment to think "what is my business plan for my life? ". And then perhaps you will observe you don't have one - except "I will do whatever my gut tells me to do". I of course would not call that faith. I would call that recklessness. Others might use the word unfaithful.

The top billionaires are all atheists.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2020 11:24:01 PM
Tradesecret wrote:

I'm sure that most people who join churches consider what they are doing, However, Their consideration is based on incorrect and incomplete data. Research has shown that those who choose religion or maintain their religion have a predisposition to do so in the first place, Either genetically (vesicular monoamine transporter 2 gene) or through external conditioning. Place all the evidence in front of them and they will edit it to suit their own deluded mindset.

The Christian worldview has its head buried hopelessly in the past and still judges others as they did hundreds of years ago when civilization was primitive and barbaric. Without religion (over) influencing secular governments, The world has surged ahead in leaps and bounds in terms of technology, Human rights, And freedom. Those countries who are ruled by fundamentalist religious governments are crude, Oppressive and cruel.

Science is not a replacement for religion and is not a belief; it is the laws of fact from which we measure the physical universe. Much to the chagrin of religious diehards, Those laws have all but poo-pooed any notion that we were created and that there is an afterlife.

Pure science includes God alright, And states quite categorically that there is no evidence whatsoever of any supernatural phenomena. The puerile notion that supernaturalism is "beyond science" is completely biased, Non-thinking, Made-up nonsense.

Christianity has always discouraged its followers from being exposed to "negative" information (science), Associating with atheists (or those of other faiths) and in fact, Encourages doing business with like-minded folk.

Christians are mortally scared of the truth and will always vehemently defend their blind, Ill-gotten, Prejudiced, Bigoted, Elitist beliefs.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2020 3:19:19 AM
Willows wrote:
Tradesecret wrote:

I'm sure that most people who join churches consider what they are doing, However, Their consideration is based on incorrect and incomplete data. Research has shown that those who choose religion or maintain their religion have a predisposition to do so in the first place, Either genetically (vesicular monoamine transporter 2 gene) or through external conditioning. Place all the evidence in front of them and they will edit it to suit their own deluded mindset.

The Christian worldview has its head buried hopelessly in the past and still judges others as they did hundreds of years ago when civilization was primitive and barbaric. Without religion (over) influencing secular governments, The world has surged ahead in leaps and bounds in terms of technology, Human rights, And freedom. Those countries who are ruled by fundamentalist religious governments are crude, Oppressive and cruel.

Science is not a replacement for religion and is not a belief; it is the laws of fact from which we measure the physical universe. Much to the chagrin of religious diehards, Those laws have all but poo-pooed any notion that we were created and that there is an afterlife.

Pure science includes God alright, And states quite categorically that there is no evidence whatsoever of any supernatural phenomena. The puerile notion that supernaturalism is "beyond science" is completely biased, Non-thinking, Made-up nonsense.

Christianity has always discouraged its followers from being exposed to "negative" information (science), Associating with atheists (or those of other faiths) and in fact, Encourages doing business with like-minded folk.

Christians are mortally scared of the truth and will always vehemently defend their blind, Ill-gotten, Prejudiced, Bigoted, Elitist beliefs.

The Christians have been calling for a lake of fire. Australia is being consumed by fire. Are you going to recognize Christians and the evil they can bring to Australia?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.