Jump to topic:

Limits of Technology = End of World?

earthisrecorded
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2020 11:13:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The TV has a limit of how far it can advance. 8k, Sure. 12k, 14k. New lighting panels. All that. . . . But then it's 20, 30, Maybe 50 years later.

Then what?

There is no way for us to make a new TV. . . . Or a new phone. . . .

What does that mean for us? How are we going to keep it a secret that TV, Phones, Computers, Ovens, And others have "reached their limit". . . If I am wrong, Then describe a TV in 35 years from now. . . . Now, Describe a TV 25 years after that. . . . See what I am saying? We're dang near at the limit right now. . . . Another 10 or 20 years and that is it. Picture is picture. 3d is 3d. Colors are colors. Memory is memory. Processor speed is processor speed.

To me, That is proof that we're capped.

So in 100 years, What are we supposed to do about TV? How do we make a new tv every year like we do now, When every tv has the same tech?

How do we make a new iphone in 100 years? It's limited, Think about it. . . . There is no way to keep it going forever and ever. . . . I tried to tell myself "No, Phones will keep advancing for hundreds of years" but then I realized phones can barely advance now. . . Folding, Double sided, Memory and processing to the max. . . Then what?

HOW IS THERE GOING TO BE A NEW IPHONE OR ANY PHONE IN 20 YEARS FROM NOW. . . . I DON'T GET IT. . . HOW CAN PHONES ADVANCE? WE ARE AT THE LIMIT. . . WTF. . . . .
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2020 11:22:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
earthisrecorded wrote:
The TV has a limit of how far it can advance. 8k, Sure. 12k, 14k. New lighting panels. All that. . . . But then it's 20, 30, Maybe 50 years later.

Then what?

There is no way for us to make a new TV. . . . Or a new phone. . . .

What does that mean for us? How are we going to keep it a secret that TV, Phones, Computers, Ovens, And others have "reached their limit". . . If I am wrong, Then describe a TV in 35 years from now. . . . Now, Describe a TV 25 years after that. . . . See what I am saying? We're dang near at the limit right now. . . . Another 10 or 20 years and that is it. Picture is picture. 3d is 3d. Colors are colors. Memory is memory. Processor speed is processor speed.

To me, That is proof that we're capped.

So in 100 years, What are we supposed to do about TV? How do we make a new tv every year like we do now, When every tv has the same tech?

How do we make a new iphone in 100 years? It's limited, Think about it. . . . There is no way to keep it going forever and ever. . . . I tried to tell myself "No, Phones will keep advancing for hundreds of years" but then I realized phones can barely advance now. . . Folding, Double sided, Memory and processing to the max. . . Then what?

HOW IS THERE GOING TO BE A NEW IPHONE OR ANY PHONE IN 20 YEARS FROM NOW. . . . I DON'T GET IT. . . HOW CAN PHONES ADVANCE? WE ARE AT THE LIMIT. . . WTF. . . . .

Technology builds on technology. But technology cannot replace miracles. It cannot help you walk on water or make wine from water. If those things are important to you then we are not at the limit.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.