Total Posts:165|Showing Posts:121-150|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Does the bible make sense?

bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2017 3:16:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2017 7:04:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:12:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/29/2017 8:50:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, the Bible has not failed scientific scrutiny, that is another lie that many have fallen for.
The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Only in your imaginary world, in the real world science proves it's accuracy.
You get what you claim is science knowledge from TV, your scientific claims can be safely ignored and even ridiculed.

The bible is categorically refuted by science.
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2017 7:07:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2017 6:59:21 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There is nothing mythical in any of the Bible, it is fact, sometimes presented in figurative terms, sometimes not.
Apart from e.g. Prov. 30:25 & 30!

You lose as usual!
Gaetan
Posts: 116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2017 1:11:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The question is: Does the bible make sense?

Yes, it make sense if you agree that the old testimony comes from Satan and man.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/1/2017 2:02:55 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/31/2017 12:56:02 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/30/2017 2:15:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:21:10 AM, Composer wrote:
At 3/16/2017 9:02:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:
After creating Adam and Eve. God tells them they can eat from any tree in the garden except one.
Show us where Story book God told this to Eve?
Eve repeated what God said to her when the serpent questioned Eve.
Story book God NEVER said that to Story book Eve!

It was said to Story book Adam alone -

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,
Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." (ESV Story book)

No mention of ' not touching! '.

Story book Eve didn't exist until later - Gen. 2:22, Story book

At 3/31/2017 12:25:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:
But she answered the serpent proving she was aware of what God said and was taking heed until the serpent talked her out of it.
The answer she gave to the Serpent was NOT what Story book God had said! (Gen. 2:17) shown above!

Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree. But Eve was aware not to eat from the that is in the middle of the garden.

Genesis 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.""
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
But Eve was aware not to eat from the that is in the middle of the garden.
Only Story book Adam was commanded directly NOT to partake of the forbidden tree!

Hence the fact remains that this applied ONLY to Adam!

Read what the vindicated Genesis Serpent said to Eve ". . . . "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?"

Of course Story book God did NOT say that to Eve!

At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Genesis 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.""
IF as you assert it was Story book Adam that told her something different, then he had lied to her by embellishing/distorting what actually took place and applied to him exclusively!
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God. Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib). She was there when the command was given. Eve even repeated the command to the serpent. That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..

At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
But Eve was aware not to eat from the that is in the middle of the garden.
Only Story book Adam was commanded directly NOT to partake of the forbidden tree!

Hence the fact remains that this applied ONLY to Adam!

If Eve was not aware of God's comman then she could claim her innocence. But we know she repeated the comman to the serpent when it asked her:" "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?"

She replied in the affirmative. She did not say Adam told her, she repeated the comman in the affirmative I.e what God actually told her even correcting the serpent that it was the tree in the middle of the garden that was forbidden.
We know God visited both of them in the Garden. No reason to believe God did not repeat the command to Eve. That was how she learned of it. Eve cannot claim she was not aware of God's command because scriptures show she repeated it to the serpent.

Read what the vindicated Genesis Serpent said to Eve ". . . . "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?"

Read Eve's reply. She replied in the affirmative. , "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

Of course Story book God did NOT say that to Eve!

He must have given Eve the same command because Eve repeated the command to the serpent who asked her specifically: "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?"
You cannot get more specific than that and Eve even replied in the affirmative. Scriptures also affirm Eve was punished just as Adam was for eating the forbidden fruit. Therefore knowingly she disobeyed God's command. That's three strikes!!!

At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Genesis 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.""
IF as you assert it was Story book Adam that told her something different, then he had lied to her by embellishing/distorting what actually took place and applied to him exclusively!

What Eve repeated to the serpent was her interpretation of the command. , "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die."

God did not take offence to her adding the touching part. He punished them for eating the forbidden fruit.
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 1:25:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God.
The command as you have been shown was given ONLY to the Man - Adam!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib).
So are you saying that Adam's rib contained a message for Eve?

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
She was there when the command was given.
No she wasn't!

The command was given to Adam and after that the woman was created! (Gen. 2:16-18) Story book

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve even repeated the command to the serpent.
No she didn't, there was NO mention of ' not touching ' in the command given to Adam!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..
You are being arrogant and dishonest now to try to squirm out of your errors!
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 1:25:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God.
The command as you have been shown was given ONLY to the Man - Adam!

Then how did Eve repeat the same command to the serpent when she was asked?

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib).
So are you saying that Adam's rib contained a message for Eve?

I am saying being a part of Adams rib, she was there when the command was given. Albeit in a different form.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
She was there when the command was given.
No she wasn't!

The command was given to Adam and after that the woman was created! (Gen. 2:16-18) Story book

She was created from Adams rib. So she was there when the command was given to Adam.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve even repeated the command to the serpent.
No she didn't, there was NO mention of ' not touching ' in the command given to Adam!

But there was mention of not eating the fruit when she repeated God's warning to the serpent, proving she was aware of the command. Note, the serpent also ignored the touching part because it was not as critical.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..
You are being arrogant and dishonest now to try to squirm out of your errors!
The scriptures makes it clear Eve was aware of the command not to eat the forbidden fruit which came from God. Adam and Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit.
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 3:50:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 1:25:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God.
The command as you have been shown was given ONLY to the Man - Adam!

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Then how did Eve repeat the same command to the serpent when she was asked?
She didn't, she added ' not allowed to touch '.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib).
So are you saying that Adam's rib contained a message for Eve?

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
I am saying being a part of Adams rib, she was there when the command was given. Albeit in a different form.
She wasn't there at all!

A rib isn't a being!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
She was there when the command was given.
No she wasn't!

The command was given to Adam and after that the woman was created! (Gen. 2:16-18) Story book

She was created from Adams rib. So she was there when the command was given to Adam.

The rib was, not her!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve even repeated the command to the serpent.
No she didn't, there was NO mention of ' not touching ' in the command given to Adam!

But there was mention of not eating the fruit when she repeated God's warning to the serpent, proving she was aware of the command. Note, the serpent also ignored the touching part because it was not as critical.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..
You are being arrogant and dishonest now to try to squirm out of your errors!

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The scriptures makes it clear Eve was aware of the command not to eat the forbidden fruit which came from God. Adam and Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit.
She was aware Adam wasn't permitted to eat it!

She & Adam weren't aware if that was a Good thing or a Bad thing!

Nor were they aware of what Death was!

They were denied a freewill choice!

No such a command was given to her directly!
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 12:54:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 3:50:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/3/2017 1:25:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God.
The command as you have been shown was given ONLY to the Man - Adam!

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Then how did Eve repeat the same command to the serpent when she was asked?
She didn't, she added ' not allowed to touch '.

Yes she 'added' the touching part. But she did not leave out the main warning not to eat the fruit.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib).
So are you saying that Adam's rib contained a message for Eve?

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
I am saying being a part of Adams rib, she was there when the command was given. Albeit in a different form.
She wasn't there at all!

A rib isn't a being!

Eve we created from Adams rib. She was very much a being.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
She was there when the command was given.
No she wasn't!

The command was given to Adam and after that the woman was created! (Gen. 2:16-18) Story book

She was created from Adams rib. So she was there when the command was given to Adam.

The rib was, not her!

Adams rib was used to create Eve. God then restored Adams memory on Eve so she would function Ike a human and not a rib. That memory included the command he had given to Adam about the forbidden fruit . It then became part of Eve's consciousness. Scientists call this genetic memory.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve even repeated the command to the serpent.
No she didn't, there was NO mention of ' not touching ' in the command given to Adam!

But there was mention of not eating the fruit when she repeated God's warning to the serpent, proving she was aware of the command. Note, the serpent also ignored the touching part because it was not as critical.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..
You are being arrogant and dishonest now to try to squirm out of your errors!

You have limited scriptural or metaphysical knowledge.

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The scriptures makes it clear Eve was aware of the command not to eat the forbidden fruit which came from God. Adam and Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit.
She was aware Adam wasn't permitted to eat it!


She & Adam weren't aware if that was a Good thing or a Bad thing!

Note God's warning said eating the fruit would cause their death. He did not tell them if it was good or bad. Death was the ultimate punishment.

Nor were they aware of what Death was!

Explains reason why Eve even avoided touching the firbidden fruit. It was a frightening thought.

They were denied a freewill choice!

They were free to eat from any tree in the garden except from the tree in the middle of the garden. Counting the variety of fruits possible. That was a lot of free will choices.

No such a command was given to her directly!
Adams rib was used to create Eve. God then restored Adams memory on Eve so she would function Ike a human and not a rib. That memory included the command he had given to Adam about the forbidden fruit . It then became part of Eve's consciousness. Scientists call this genetic memory.

Memories can be genetically transferred. Eve being apart of Adams rib was genetically Adam. The creation process also transferred genetic memory from Adam.

Genetic Memory.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

Sin is nothing but guilt carried over by Genetic Memory.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 2:43:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 3:50:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/3/2017 1:25:40 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/2/2017 2:02:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/1/2017 1:52:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Adam might have added the touching part so she wouldn't even go near the tree.
So you now admit Story book God did NOT command Eve NOT to partake of the forbidden Tree!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve knew she should not eat from the tree and that command came from God.
The command as you have been shown was given ONLY to the Man - Adam!

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Then how did Eve repeat the same command to the serpent when she was asked?
She didn't, she added ' not allowed to touch '.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Because Eve was a part of Adam (created from his rib).
So are you saying that Adam's rib contained a message for Eve?

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
I am saying being a part of Adams rib, she was there when the command was given. Albeit in a different form.
She wasn't there at all!

A rib isn't a being!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
She was there when the command was given.
No she wasn't!

The command was given to Adam and after that the woman was created! (Gen. 2:16-18) Story book

She was created from Adams rib. So she was there when the command was given to Adam.

The rib was, not her!

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Eve even repeated the command to the serpent.
No she didn't, there was NO mention of ' not touching ' in the command given to Adam!

But there was mention of not eating the fruit when she repeated God's warning to the serpent, proving she was aware of the command. Note, the serpent also ignored the touching part because it was not as critical.

At 4/2/2017 2:10:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is evidence she knew what God had warned Adam about the forbidden fruit. It was Eve's understanding that even touching the fruit would be fatal. We all know women don't exactly interpret things the same as men. Eve proved that to be true too..
You are being arrogant and dishonest now to try to squirm out of your errors!

At 4/3/2017 3:24:51 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The scriptures makes it clear Eve was aware of the command not to eat the forbidden fruit which came from God. Adam and Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit.
She was aware Adam wasn't permitted to eat it!

She & Adam weren't aware if that was a Good thing or a Bad thing!

No, theywere expected to trust in Jehovah's judgement as we are today.

And eating didn't give them a knowledge of what was good or bad, as histry proves only too clearly.

It did however tach then what it was like to ive in a world in which good and bad were present, as we also see today.


Nor were they aware of what Death was!

They had seen animals die I am sure.


They were denied a freewill choice!

No they had a free will choice, and they took the wrong one, the harmful one, they could have chosen to trust Jehovah.


No such a command was given to her directly!

No it wasn't. Teaching Eve was Adam's job, just as it is the responsibility of man to teach woman today 1 Corinthians 11:3.

Adam failed in his responsibility, as men generally do today, and I am a prime example of just that with my past history, which I was open about in the vain hope that some would learn from it.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 2:48:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/1/2017 1:11:36 PM, Gaetan wrote:
The question is: Does the bible make sense?

Yes, it make sense if you agree that the old testimony comes from Satan and man.

Then it makes no sense at all.

It only makes sense if taken as a whole and accepted as the word of God which it truly is.

2 Timothy 3:16,17, which can only refer to the Hebrew Scriptures, the OT, since that was all that Christ and the Apostles had to teach from.

The NT teaches nothing new, but does provide both proof of the accuracy of the OT, and further knowledge about the prophecies in the OT.

You really cannot hope to understand the NT without the OT.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 2:48:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/1/2017 1:11:36 PM, Gaetan wrote:
The question is: Does the bible make sense?

Yes, it make sense if you agree that the old testimony comes from Satan and man.

Then it makes no sense at all.

It only makes sense if taken as a whole and accepted as the word of God which it truly is.

2 Timothy 3:16,17, which can only refer to the Hebrew Scriptures, the OT, since that was all that Christ and the Apostles had to teach from.

The NT teaches nothing new, but does provide both proof of the accuracy of the OT, and further knowledge about the prophecies in the OT.

You really cannot hope to understand the NT without the OT.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/1/2017 3:16:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/31/2017 7:04:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:12:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/29/2017 8:50:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, the Bible has not failed scientific scrutiny, that is another lie that many have fallen for.
The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Only in your imaginary world, in the real world science proves it's accuracy.
You get what you claim is science knowledge from TV, your scientific claims can be safely ignored and even ridiculed.

The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Exactly the opposite is rue.

It is refuted, wrongly, y many scientist, but confirmed by science, that is why the more honest, less bigoted scientists are becoming JWs.

It is a slow process, but then both medical people and scientists have always clung firmly to their old beliefs no matter how wrong they are shown to be.

And that is just one reason that though I trust science as far as it can be proven, I don't trust scientists. I am only too well aware of how much of what they clam as proven is in fact little more than speculation based on what little they actually know.

For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1. It is their speculation which does not.

Science says that the earth was originally 1 continent. So does Genesis 1.

Science says that the single continent which they call Pangaea at some point split and the broken crust tilted dramatically, forming the mountains we now know them, so does Genesis though this information is split between Genesis 6 and 10 inclusive.

The only thing that science and the Bible disagree on is the timings, and since their methods are all best guess science ignoring the possibility that decay rates may n always have been consistent, and the Bible relies on a genealogy, I'll take what little timing evidence the Bible gives over and above that which science gives us until someone can demonstrate that theirs is indeed accurate.

Yes I know what Genesis 1:14 says in it's current translations, but since Genesis 1:1 tells us that the sun moon and starts, the physical heavens, the universe, had already been created, and verse 3 proves it, there is only one thing that v14 can really mean, that they became visible from the earths surface. Nothing else makes sense.

God's word, being God's word, always makes sense, if you look at it deeply enough to truly understand it.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:00:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1
We are all thoroughly sick of your continuous use of this completely unsupportable clam.
Back it up or fuk it off, you ignorant child.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:07:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Science says that the single continent which they call Pangaea at some point split and the broken crust tilted dramatically, forming the mountains we now know them, so does Genesis though this information is split between Genesis 6 and 10 inclusive.
Just another load of madman crap, science says no such thing you moron. Your pathetic flood is a myth like the rest of your book and science proves it.
There is no scientific evidence for miracles, the exodus, a worldwide flood, enough water for a worldwide flood, A&E, a genetic bottleneck in all species 4k yrs ago or a lump of clay growing a dick and fathering the human race.
Your bible is fiction.
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:19:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:07:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
Just another load of madman crap, science says no such thing you moron. Your pathetic flood is a myth like the rest of your book and science proves it.

"We deny that Biblical infallibility and inerrancy are limited to spiritual, religious, or redemptive themes, exclusive of assertions in the fields of history and science. We further deny that scientific hypotheses about earth history may properly be used to overturn the teaching of Scripture on creation and the flood." (Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy)
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:23:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:19:39 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 4/4/2017 2:07:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
Just another load of madman crap, science says no such thing you moron. Your pathetic flood is a myth like the rest of your book and science proves it.

"We deny that Biblical infallibility and inerrancy are limited to spiritual, religious, or redemptive themes, exclusive of assertions in the fields of history and science. We further deny that scientific hypotheses about earth history may properly be used to overturn the teaching of Scripture on creation and the flood." (Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy)
Run, run, run as fast as you can, reality is gaining on you.
Woops too late, it passed you long ago.
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:25:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Run, run, run as fast as you can, reality is gaining on you.
Woops too late, it passed you long ago.

Just pointing out that any regenerate and reasonable Christian will not be moved by your claim that "science proves it."
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 2:33:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:25:39 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 4/4/2017 2:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Run, run, run as fast as you can, reality is gaining on you.
Woops too late, it passed you long ago.

Just pointing out that any regenerate and reasonable Christian will not be moved by your claim that "science proves it."
No body doubts that religion and reality are mortal enemies.
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 5:39:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:25:39 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 4/4/2017 2:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Run, run, run as fast as you can, reality is gaining on you.
Woops too late, it passed you long ago.

Just pointing out that any regenerate and reasonable Christian will not be moved by your claim that "science proves it."
LOL!

" . . When a scientific theory disagrees with the data, the theory is discarded. When a religious theory disagrees with the data, the data are discarded. " by Richard Dawkins)
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 1:41:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 5:39:43 AM, Composer wrote:
Just pointing out that any regenerate and reasonable Christian will not be moved by your claim that "science proves it."
LOL!

" . . When a scientific theory disagrees with the data, the theory is discarded. When a religious theory disagrees with the data, the data are discarded. " by Richard Dawkins)
That is precisely it. The Bible trumps human observation.
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 1:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/1/2017 3:16:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/31/2017 7:04:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:12:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/29/2017 8:50:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, the Bible has not failed scientific scrutiny, that is another lie that many have fallen for.
The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Only in your imaginary world, in the real world science proves it's accuracy.
You get what you claim is science knowledge from TV, your scientific claims can be safely ignored and even ridiculed.

The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Exactly the opposite is rue.

It is refuted, wrongly, y many scientist, but confirmed by science, that is why the more honest, less bigoted scientists are becoming JWs.

It is a slow process, but then both medical people and scientists have always clung firmly to their old beliefs no matter how wrong they are shown to be.

And that is just one reason that though I trust science as far as it can be proven, I don't trust scientists. I am only too well aware of how much of what they clam as proven is in fact little more than speculation based on what little they actually know.

For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1. It is their speculation which does not.

Science says that the earth was originally 1 continent. So does Genesis 1.

Science says the earth was one big continent 200 million years ago, but broke up into 7 continents over time. The last one being Australia about 40 million years ago. The cause you gave for the breakup into separate continents was the deluge. But the great flood in the scriptures only happened 4,500 years ago.

Using the Bible, well-documented historical events, and some math, we find that the Flood began approximately 4,359 years ago in the year 1656 AM or 2348 BC.

Science says that the single continent which they call Pangaea at some point split and the broken crust tilted dramatically, forming the mountains we now know them, so does Genesis though this information is split between Genesis 6 and 10 inclusive.

Mountains and continents were formed millions of years before the flood. There were more ancient civilizations than Israel. So the bible is even wrong about the first humans being traced to Genesis.(Adam and Eve) who appeared according to the Bible 4000 BC.
But Ancient civilizations like Mesopotamia existed as far back as 10,000 BC.

The only thing that science and the Bible disagree on is the timings, and since their methods are all best guess science ignoring the possibility that decay rates may n always have been consistent, and the Bible relies on a genealogy, I'll take what little timing evidence the Bible gives over and above that which science gives us until someone can demonstrate that theirs is indeed accurate.

It has already been proven creation and young earth creationists are wrong to believe the earth is only 10,000 years old. But you have to go to school to find out. You are a school dropout. That is why your knowledge is so limited. You have been stuck on stupid all your life.

Yes I know what Genesis 1:14 says in it's current translations, but since Genesis 1:1 tells us that the sun moon and starts, the physical heavens, the universe, had already been created, and verse 3 proves it, there is only one thing that v14 can really mean, that they became visible from the earths surface. Nothing else makes sense.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
We know the universe is much older than earth by almost 10 billion years. So they were not created in the beginning at the same time.

God's word, being God's word, always makes sense, if you look at it deeply enough to truly understand it.
How can you claim to understand God's word when you failed to even complete school and ended your career as a window cleaner.

Just because you agree with the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't mean you are an authority on scriptures. The true test is:
Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Here is what you are reaping by your own admission.

You wrote recently:" I am a lifetime depressive and have fought the problem throughout my life. It has cost me numerous jobs, 4 marriages, including two to the same woman, the mother of my children and worst and most painful of all, the love of and contact with my three sons. The last one threatens daily to push me back into the pit of despair every day of the last 20+ years since I last had contact with any of them, and is far too high a price to pay simply for being ill and supported in my illness."

"Let's face it, in many ways I am amongst the lowest of the low because I am a disfellowshipped person, even his earthly organisation looks down on me at present."

The bible only makes sense when you follow it. So do not fool yourself.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. -
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 3:32:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 1:47:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/1/2017 3:16:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/31/2017 7:04:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:12:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/29/2017 8:50:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, the Bible has not failed scientific scrutiny, that is another lie that many have fallen for.
The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Only in your imaginary world, in the real world science proves it's accuracy.
You get what you claim is science knowledge from TV, your scientific claims can be safely ignored and even ridiculed.

The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Exactly the opposite is rue.

It is refuted, wrongly, y many scientist, but confirmed by science, that is why the more honest, less bigoted scientists are becoming JWs.

It is a slow process, but then both medical people and scientists have always clung firmly to their old beliefs no matter how wrong they are shown to be.

And that is just one reason that though I trust science as far as it can be proven, I don't trust scientists. I am only too well aware of how much of what they clam as proven is in fact little more than speculation based on what little they actually know.

For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1. It is their speculation which does not.

Science says that the earth was originally 1 continent. So does Genesis 1.

Science says the earth was one big continent 200 million years ago, but broke up into 7 continents over time. The last one being Australia about 40 million years ago. The cause you gave for the breakup into separate continents was the deluge. But the great flood in the scriptures only happened 4,500 years ago.

Using the Bible, well-documented historical events, and some math, we find that the Flood began approximately 4,359 years ago in the year 1656 AM or 2348 BC.

Science says that the single continent which they call Pangaea at some point split and the broken crust tilted dramatically, forming the mountains we now know them, so does Genesis though this information is split between Genesis 6 and 10 inclusive.

Mountains and continents were formed millions of years before the flood. There were more ancient civilizations than Israel. So the bible is even wrong about the first humans being traced to Genesis.(Adam and Eve) who appeared according to the Bible 4000 BC.
But Ancient civilizations like Mesopotamia existed as far back as 10,000 BC.

The only thing that science and the Bible disagree on is the timings, and since their methods are all best guess science ignoring the possibility that decay rates may n always have been consistent, and the Bible relies on a genealogy, I'll take what little timing evidence the Bible gives over and above that which science gives us until someone can demonstrate that theirs is indeed accurate.

It has already been proven creation and young earth creationists are wrong to believe the earth is only 10,000 years old. But you have to go to school to find out. You are a school dropout. That is why your knowledge is so limited. You have been stuck on stupid all your life.

Yes I know what Genesis 1:14 says in it's current translations, but since Genesis 1:1 tells us that the sun moon and starts, the physical heavens, the universe, had already been created, and verse 3 proves it, there is only one thing that v14 can really mean, that they became visible from the earths surface. Nothing else makes sense.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
We know the universe is much older than earth by almost 10 billion years. So they were not created in the beginning at the same time.

God's word, being God's word, always makes sense, if you look at it deeply enough to truly understand it.
How can you claim to understand God's word when you failed to even complete school and ended your career as a window cleaner.

Just because you agree with the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't mean you are an authority on scriptures. The true test is:
Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Here is what you are reaping by your own admission.

You wrote recently:" I am a lifetime depressive and have fought the problem throughout my life. It has cost me numerous jobs, 4 marriages, including two to the same woman, the mother of my children and worst and most painful of all, the love of and contact with my three sons. The last one threatens daily to push me back into the pit of despair every day of the last 20+ years since I last had contact with any of them, and is far too high a price to pay simply for being ill and supported in my illness."

"Let's face it, in many ways I am amongst the lowest of the low because I am a disfellowshipped person, even his earthly organisation looks down on me at present."

The bible only makes sense when you follow it. So do not fool yourself.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. -


That is why it makes sense to me, because I am back to following it.

The past is dead, only present and future matter.

Simple as.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 3:41:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 1:41:57 PM, Scruggs wrote:
At 4/4/2017 5:39:43 AM, Composer wrote:
Just pointing out that any regenerate and reasonable Christian will not be moved by your claim that "science proves it."
LOL!

" . . When a scientific theory disagrees with the data, the theory is discarded. When a religious theory disagrees with the data, the data are discarded. " by Richard Dawkins)
That is precisely it. The Bible trumps human observation.

In fact the Bible doesn't trump human observation, though it all too often trumps how people interpret what they observe.

The simple fact remains that only the deliberately ignorant fail to recognises that science supports the Bible, even if scientists don't..

Also science proves Genesis 1, which means that Genesis 1 is the absolute proof of the existence of Jehovah, and therefore those who deny that fact are only fooling themselves.

Of course, even if they accept the truth of the above statements they are still not forced to support Jehovah's side of things, after all Satan knows the truth of it all, and was even there as an eye witness of the vast majority of it, and he refuses to support Jehovah despite the evidence.

It all comes down to who you wish to copy.

Christ, the Apostles and Jehovah's Witnesses with their acceptance and support of the overall sovereignty of Jehovah, currently expressed through his son the Christ.

Or Satan with his denial of it.

There are only two choices, and it sis entirely up to you which one you go with, but only the one can offer you eternal life in a cleansed earth with absolute peaces
and security.

Hint: It isn't Satan.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 25,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 3:54:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 2:00:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1
We are all thoroughly sick of your continuous use of this completely unsupportable clam.
Back it up or fuk it off, you ignorant child.

It is a completely supportable claim, so I suggest you grow up and back off, it is your ignorance, and trailer trash language which is pathetic.

The simple fact that the more honest scientists are becoming JWs backs that fat up 100%. Y I can prove that, because you know I can provide links to their stories and have done numerous times.

If it weren't true they could not become JWs because they have to accept the whole of the Bible including he creation account and the flood story..

The trouble is they know far more than you and are less bigoted.

Maybe it is time you stopped making such a pathetic fool of yourself in public, because that is all anyone thinks you are, including those who think I am.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
Harikrish
Posts: 29,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2017 4:44:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2017 3:32:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/4/2017 1:47:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2017 3:23:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/1/2017 3:16:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/31/2017 7:04:08 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/30/2017 3:12:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/29/2017 8:50:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, the Bible has not failed scientific scrutiny, that is another lie that many have fallen for.
The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Only in your imaginary world, in the real world science proves it's accuracy.
You get what you claim is science knowledge from TV, your scientific claims can be safely ignored and even ridiculed.

The bible is categorically refuted by science.

Exactly the opposite is rue.

It is refuted, wrongly, y many scientist, but confirmed by science, that is why the more honest, less bigoted scientists are becoming JWs.

It is a slow process, but then both medical people and scientists have always clung firmly to their old beliefs no matter how wrong they are shown to be.

And that is just one reason that though I trust science as far as it can be proven, I don't trust scientists. I am only too well aware of how much of what they clam as proven is in fact little more than speculation based on what little they actually know.

For instance, all the demonstrably reliable evidence science has so far agrees 100% with Genesis 1. It is their speculation which does not.

Science says that the earth was originally 1 continent. So does Genesis 1.

Science says the earth was one big continent 200 million years ago, but broke up into 7 continents over time. The last one being Australia about 40 million years ago. The cause you gave for the breakup into separate continents was the deluge. But the great flood in the scriptures only happened 4,500 years ago.

Using the Bible, well-documented historical events, and some math, we find that the Flood began approximately 4,359 years ago in the year 1656 AM or 2348 BC.

Science says that the single continent which they call Pangaea at some point split and the broken crust tilted dramatically, forming the mountains we now know them, so does Genesis though this information is split between Genesis 6 and 10 inclusive.

Mountains and continents were formed millions of years before the flood. There were more ancient civilizations than Israel. So the bible is even wrong about the first humans being traced to Genesis.(Adam and Eve) who appeared according to the Bible 4000 BC.
But Ancient civilizations like Mesopotamia existed as far back as 10,000 BC.

The only thing that science and the Bible disagree on is the timings, and since their methods are all best guess science ignoring the possibility that decay rates may n always have been consistent, and the Bible relies on a genealogy, I'll take what little timing evidence the Bible gives over and above that which science gives us until someone can demonstrate that theirs is indeed accurate.

It has already been proven creation and young earth creationists are wrong to believe the earth is only 10,000 years old. But you have to go to school to find out. You are a school dropout. That is why your knowledge is so limited. You have been stuck on stupid all your life.

Yes I know what Genesis 1:14 says in it's current translations, but since Genesis 1:1 tells us that the sun moon and starts, the physical heavens, the universe, had already been created, and verse 3 proves it, there is only one thing that v14 can really mean, that they became visible from the earths surface. Nothing else makes sense.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
We know the universe is much older than earth by almost 10 billion years. So they were not created in the beginning at the same time.

God's word, being God's word, always makes sense, if you look at it deeply enough to truly understand it.
How can you claim to understand God's word when you failed to even complete school and ended your career as a window cleaner.

Just because you agree with the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't mean you are an authority on scriptures. The true test is:
Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Here is what you are reaping by your own admission.

You wrote recently:" I am a lifetime depressive and have fought the problem throughout my life. It has cost me numerous jobs, 4 marriages, including two to the same woman, the mother of my children and worst and most painful of all, the love of and contact with my three sons. The last one threatens daily to push me back into the pit of despair every day of the last 20+ years since I last had contact with any of them, and is far too high a price to pay simply for being ill and supported in my illness."

"Let's face it, in many ways I am amongst the lowest of the low because I am a disfellowshipped person, even his earthly organisation looks down on me at present."

The bible only makes sense when you follow it. So do not fool yourself.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. -


That is why it makes sense to me, because I am back to following it.

The past is dead, only present and future matter.

Simple as.

Are you not chasing after a sexually immoral Filipino unwed mother with childre after you just got dumped by another sexually immoral Filipino,unwed mother with children with whom you engaged in sexual immorality? That isn't the past.

That you remain disfellowshipped and shunned by Jehovah's earthly organization isn't your past. It is still in effect and will be in your future.

Your children ignore you and have ignored you for over 20 years. That isn't the past, that is ongoing and will remain the same in the future.

Your poor physical, mental and financial health isn't the past. It is both present and future. You will continue to see them deteriorating.

You are reaping what you sowed. Why did Diana Oayatnab drop your name from her profile? Why does she keep posting things you can never afford? Is that her way of telling you to go get a job?
Keltron
Posts: 182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:11:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is there any justification to continue the use of the bible when it does not even meet the educational requirements of a fourth grader. In fact many of the stories of sexual immorality, genocide in the bible are damaging to young minds.

The Bible has a lot of political value to certain factions. Of course everyone just cherry picks whatever works for their ideology and ignores the rest. I don't think that most Christians have even read the Bible- at least not all the way through from front to back. It is actually not that hard of a read, and has some pretty interesting stories like how Abraham made his fortune by pimping out his wife.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.