Jump to topic:

What the hell is going on in the world

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2019 7:04:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What is with all these protests around the world? Are we approaching the end of the world or the second coming of Christ?

Algerian protests
Bolivian protests
Catalan protests
Chilean protests
Ecuadorian protests
Egyptian protests
European migrant crisis
Hong Kong protests
Indonesian protests
Iraqi protests
Kashmir lockdown
Lebanese protests
Papua protests
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2019 9:28:26 PM
World has always been a bit turmoil, I 'think.

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning

Also, Modern world, Everything is more connected than it was in years of wooden ships, Or even further back. Maybe it's easier for when there's turmoil in one place, For it to effect others and cause turmoil there.

Same with opposite though, Peace cause peace, Maybe.

For a few of you examples though, It's people unhappy with dictatorships, Or maybe the current inefficiency/corruption/lack of justice 'in those 'current dictatorships.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2019 1:14:35 AM
Leaning wrote:
World has always been a bit turmoil, I 'think.

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning

Also, Modern world, Everything is more connected than it was in years of wooden ships, Or even further back. Maybe it's easier for when there's turmoil in one place, For it to effect others and cause turmoil there.

Same with opposite though, Peace cause peace, Maybe.

For a few of you examples though, It's people unhappy with dictatorships, Or maybe the current inefficiency/corruption/lack of justice 'in those 'current dictatorships.

Very well put.

Fanboy is an extremist in every true sense of the word. If you read my thread, "Profile of an Extremist" you will see that it is a trait of all extremists to have a vile view of the world. Another trait is the use of appealing to a higher power to justify such a distorted view.
You will notice in Fanboy's thread that he shows both of those traits.

Yes, The world is a better place to live in, Much better. It is unfortunate that we will always have an extremist element that will try to tell us otherwise, And, For no other reason than their poor, Ill-educated and negative view of the world.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2019 2:28:06 PM
Willows you can go through life with blinders on and live in your pink unicorns and rainbows view but the world is in turmoil. Social media has let the poor countries get connected to the rest of the world and the young are protesting everywhere. Hong Kong will burn to the ground, The rising of violent protests in Venezuela, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Syria, The whole world is headed for a global war and when you are the first one snipped in the turmoil and your carcass is stomped on my hundreds of enemies during rioting and invasions than that will be the end of you.

Keep living in your isolated world of bubbles and civilization, But there is a lot of evil out there and it will crush you under their sole of their boots.

Judgement day is coming and you will be the first casualty standing on the front lines waving your peace flag and getting a bullet in the forehead

Keep dreaming and singing kumbaya Willows
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2019 2:38:50 PM
I suppose people have been worried about the world experiencing a catastrophe, For some time though. With nuclear weapons and such. Though that's been a worry since they came about. People somewhat hopeful we'll find a way around then, And it'll be never. Other's just worried 'when.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2019 3:55:01 PM
Just seems like there are protests all around the world right now, I don't remember this many protests around the world before except during the Arab Spring turmoil in the middle east

Protests always lead to violent clashes and then to more serious problems,
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2019 1:17:11 AM
FanboyMctroll wrote:
Just seems like there are protests all around the world right now, I don't remember this many protests around the world before except during the Arab Spring turmoil in the middle east

Protests always lead to violent clashes and then to more serious problems,

Quite right there.
So long as we have extremists there will always be violent clashes and serious problems.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2019 7:21:30 PM
My eldest brother plans on being a prepper, Which isn't bad really. Oregon 'is supposedly 'due for a large earthquake. Not to mention other catastrophes 'could always happen.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2019 11:53:54 PM
FanboyMctroll wrote:
Well not everyone lives in a bubble Willows, Violence happens everywhere

And it's r sole extremists who take violence to extreme levels.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.